The TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver Course qualifies divers to use enriched air nitrox from EAN 21 through EAN 100 to a depth of 40 metres/130 feet during dives that do not require staged decompression. Often taught in conjunction with the TDI Decompression Procedures course, this can be considered the foundation of your technical scuba diving skill-set. Advanced Nitrox Scuba Diver is also a great course for those wanting to extend your bottom times in shallower depths such as scientific diver, and a must for those interested in becoming SCR or CCR divers. The course cover topics like...
- Equipment requirements
- Dive planning
- Oxygen toxicity tracking
- Blending methods
You will use the TDI Advanced Nitrox Diving manual for your course, which explains in an easy to understand practical manner the complex information that Advanced Nitrox divers need to know.
Prerequisites: 18 years old, TDI Nitrox Diver or Equivalent, 25 logged dives. Intro to tech, or sidemount certification is preferred.
Open Water Dives:
- Four dives are required with a minimum accumulated bottom time of 100 min.
- If Advanced Nitrox is taught in conjunction with Decompression Procedures only a total of six dives are required with a maximum depth of 45 meters / 150 feet.
- Only 2 dives from Advanced Wreck course may be credited.
- Technical Divers International allows instructors to structure courses according to the number of students participating and their skill level.
- Technical Divers International Advanced Nitrox ELearning
Required Diver Performance and Requirements
Maximum training depths shall not exceed 130 fsw. The following open water skills must be completed by the student during all open water dives:
- Review of Nitrox theory
- Oxygen analyzer use and calibration
- Pre-dive planning -personal gas consumption calculations, oxygen exposures and nitrogen absorption.
- CNS loading for each dive including cumulative exposure
- Proper gas labeling.
- Prep of equipment for Oxygen service.
- Program nitrox dive computer with appropriate oxygen percentage
Use START* before every dive START is...
- S-Drill (OOA) & Bubble Check
- Team / buddy equipment checks
- Air / gas matching
- Route / entry & exit, planned path underwater
- Tables / depth, duration, way-points & schedule
In-Water Drills & Demonstrations
- Buoyancy control - ability to hover at fixed position in water column without sculling
- Awareness of team members through communication, proximity and team oriented dive practices
- Ability to manage free-flow from primary regulator in controlled fashion - shutdown cycle, and switch to back-up regulator.
- Conduct appropriate stops while maintaining proper buoyancy
- Ability to share gas with buddy as both recipient and donor.
- Correct body position (appropriate trim, such as horizontal / streamlined when moving forward)
Additional fees: Boat ticket, gas fills, and rentals (if needed)
1. TDI/EDC Waivers PDF
2. TDI Medical #1 PDF
3. TDI Medical #2 Doc PDF
* PROMOTION: Ask about our FREE Technical Diver certification program with total equipment purchase.