The TDI Intro to Tech course is the perfect course for divers who have heard about technical diving and want to find out more about this exciting branch of advanced recreational diving. This course walks students through the special techniques, planning procedures and skills that set technical scuba diving apart from traditional recreational/sport scuba diving. It will show you how to improve your dive planning, in-water dive skills and streamline your existing gear configuration, in a non-threatening and fun learning environment.
The specific skills this course will highlight are:
- Advanced Buoyancy Control- Pool and Ocean Dives
- Gas Management - MOD's
- Situational Awareness
- Trim and Balance
- Gear Configuration
- Gear Selection
- Gear Assembly and Prep
Prerequisites: Nitrox diver, 50 dives
Equipment Requirement: The following items are required for you to get the most out of this class:
- Manifolded double tanks
- A "Hogarthian" harness and backplate with a 40 to 50 lb wing
- Two regulators, set up correctly with a clipped off SPG. The primary regulator should have a 7 foot hose.
- A hands-free light appropriate for technical diving.
Schedule: Tuesday Night 7pm to 10pm, Saturday 4-5 hrs pool time and Sunday is all day on a boat.
1. TDI Waivers
2. TDI Medical #1
3. TDI Medical #2 Doc
* PROMOTION: Ask about our FREE Technical Diver certification program with total equipment purchase.