| TDI EXTENDED RANGE DIVER
This course provides training and experience required to competently and safely utilize breathing gases containing helium for dives that require staged decompression, utilizing Nitrox and / or oxygen mixtures during decompression to a maximum depth of 60M / 200 Feet. The objective of this course is to train divers in the benefits, hazards and proper procedures of utilizing custom oxygen / helium / nitrogen mixtures as breathing gases. Gas mixtures are not to have any less than 18% oxygen.
Pre-requisites: 18 years of age, TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver and Decompression Procedures Diver (or equivalent)
Open Water Dives:
1. Four Decompression dives are required with a minimum accumulated bottom time of 100 min.
2. Two of the dives should be deeper than 40M / 130 Feet
• Technical Divers International allows instructors to structure courses according to the number of students participating and their skill level.
• TDI Extended Range Diver manual
Required Diver Performance Requirements:
It is recommended that all dives are conducted between 100 and 200 feet with a minumum of 18% oxygen required in the breathing mix.
1. Demonstrate familiarity with basic and intermediate hand signals
2. Select and prepare equipment suitable for soft overhead environments with long decompression
3. Conduct team oriented drills for lift bag deployment and gas switching procedures
4. Drills for buddy rescue
5. Proper analysis of all gas mixtures used
6. Demonstrate adequate pre-dive planning based on gas consumption, oxygen exposure, and inert gas absorption
Use START* before every dive START is...
• S-Drill (OOA) & Bubble Check
• Team / buddy equipment checks
• Air / gas matching
• Route / entry & exit, planned path underwater • Tables / depth, duration, way-points & schedule
In-Water Drills & Demonstrations:
1. Show good awareness of buddy and other team members through communications and proximity
2. Demonstrate competence managing two stage cylinders, including drop and recovery while maintaining position in the water column.
3. Demonstrate the ability to confirm gas switches at depth with team members
4. Demonstrate lift bag deployment from depth and use of bag as back-up buoyancy device
5. Demonstrate air-sharing procedures at depth while one teammate is without mask
6. Create contingency deco schedule after simulated loss of decompression gas
7. Demonstrate controlled ascent with toxed diver including surface tow and gear removal at the surface
8. Complete a horizontal breath hold swim at a depth of 15M without wearing a mask
9. Properly execute the dive within all pre-planned limits
10. Demonstrate proper navigational techniques required for the dive
11. On two of the dives demonstrate an ascent with ascent reel and lift bag while performing staged decompression
12. Demonstrate procedures for switching and isolating a malfunctioning regulator
Additional fees: Boat ticket, gas fills and rentals
1. TDI/EDC Waivers PDF
2. TDI Medical #1 PDF
3. TDI Medical #2 Doc PDF
* PROMOTION: Ask about our free TDI classes with technical diving equipment purchases.