This course provides training and experience required to competently conduct advanced wreck dives. This program includes penetration skills and techniques. Depths shall not exceed the level in which the diver is trained and competent, but in no case shall the maximum depth exceed 55M / 180 Feet. The objective of this course is to train divers in the proper techniques, equipment requirements and hazards of wreck diving.
Pre-requisites: 18 years of age, Advanced Open Water Diver, proof of at least 75 logged dives, certified as basic PADI/SDI Wreck or Cavern diver, or TDI Intro to Tech.
Open Water Dives: Six penetration dives are required with a minimum accumulated bottom time of 100 min.
Structure: Technical Divers International allows instructors to structure courses according to the number of students participating and their skill level.
• TDI Advanced Wreck Diver manual
Required Diver Performance Requirements:
1. Proper deployment of guideline
2. Proper technique for following guideline
3. Use of safety spool for lost line and lost buddy procedures
4. Proper technique for touch contact communication
5. Properly analyze all gas mixtures to be used
6. Demonstrate adequate pre-dive planning
Use START* before every dive START is...
• S-Drill (OOA) & Bubble Check
• Team / buddy equipment checks
• Air / gas matching
• Route / entry & exit, planned path underwater
• Tables / depth, duration, way-points & schedule
Stress analysis and mitigation techniques
In-Water Drills & Demonstrations:
1. Demonstrate specialized propulsion techniques for an overhead environment
2. Deploy guideline with immediate attention to environment and conditions
3. Demonstrate lost line and lost buddy drills
4. Follow guideline with eyes open and with eyes closed or mask blacked out
5. Air share with team mates while exiting confined spaces with eyes open and closed, or with mask blacked out
6. Remove and replace mask while in contact with guideline
7. Demonstrate light and hand communication with team members
8. Demonstrate touch contact with team members
9. Simulate primary light failure and deployment of back-up lights
10. Demonstrate correct procedure for staging decompression or back-up gas outside wreck
11. Demonstrate procedure for isolating and switching a malfunctioning regulator
12. Demonstrate ability to deploy a lift bag from depth as emergency ascent line and as alternative buoyancy device
13. Demonstrate emergency blue water ascent with marker deployment from staged stop below 30 feet
14. Demonstrate understanding of basic wreck layout and special considerations for navigating a wreck
15. Demonstrate procedures for dealing with a diver presenting signs of serious DCS at the surface
16. Properly execute all dives within pre-determined limits
17. Demonstrate proper navigational techniques on all dives
18. Demonstrate out of air sharing from long hose through a restriction
19. Deployment of lift bag or up-line for decompression
20. Silt-out procedures
21. Follow line while sharing air
22. Follow line with eyes closed or mask blacked out while sharing air.
Tuition: $395.00 includes books and TDI cert card
Additional fees: Boat ticket, gas fills and rentals (if needed)
1. TDI/EDC Waivers PDF
2. TDI Medical #1 PDF
3. TDI Medical #2 Doc PDF
* PROMOTION: Ask about our FREE Technical Diver certification program with total equipment purchase.