This course provides training and experience required to competently and safely utilize breathing gases containing helium for dives that require staged decompression, utilizing Nitrox and / or oxygen mixtures during decompression to a maximum depth of 60M / 330 Feet. The objective of this course is to train divers in the benefits, hazards and proper procedures of utilizing custom oxygen / helium / nitrogen mixtures as breathing gases.
Pre-requisites: 18 years of age, TDI Extended Range or Trimix Diver (or equivalent), show proof of at least 100 dives with at least 25 dives deeper than 100 feet, prior experience with double cylinders and any other unfamiliar equipment, I.E. dry suit
Open Water Dives:
1. Four Decompression dives are required with a min accumulated bottom time of 100 min.
2. Two of the dives should be deeper than 70M / 230 Feet
• Technical Divers International allows instructors to structure courses according to the number of students participating and their skill level.
• TDI Advanced Trimix Diver manual
Required Diver Performance Requirements:
It is recommended that all dives are conducted between 180 and 330 feet
1. Demonstrate familiarity with basic and intermediate hand signals
2. Select and prepare equipment suitable for soft overhead environments with long decompression
3. Conduct team oriented drills for lift bag deployment and gas switching procedures
4. Drills for buddy rescue
5. Proper analysis of all gas mixtures used
6. Demonstrate adequate pre-dive planning based on gas consumption, oxygen exposure, and inert gas absorption
Use START* before every dive START is...
• S-Drill (OOA) & Bubble Check
• Team / buddy equipment checks
• Air / gas matching
• Route / entry & exit, planned path underwater
• Tables / depth, duration, way-points & schedule
In-Water Drills & Demonstrations:
1. Show good awareness of buddy and other team members through communications and proximity
2. Demonstrate competence managing three stage cylinders, including drop and recovery while maintaining position in the water column.
3. Demonstrate the ability to confirm gas switches at depth with team members
4. Demonstrate air-sharing procedures at depth while one teammate is without mask
5. Ability to manage multiple failures in adverse conditions
6. Deploy lift bag while sharing air on buddy's long hose
7. Complete a horizontal breath hold swim for 66 feet without wearing a mask
8. Properly execute the dive within all pre-planned limits
9. Demonstrate proper navigational techniques required for the dive
10. On two of the dives demonstrate an ascent with ascent reel and lift bag while performing staged decompression 11. Demonstrate procedures for switching and isolating a malfunctioning regulator
12. Demonstrate mastery level buoyancy control and ability to hover at a fixed position in the water column
Tuition: $900.00 includes books and TDI cert card
Additional fees: Boat ticket, gas fills and rentals (if needed)
1. TDI/EDC Waivers PDF
2. TDI Medical #1 PDF
3. TDI Medical #2 Doc PDF
* PROMOTION: Ask about our free TDI classes with tec diver equipment purchases.