Are you ready for a different kind of diving challenge? In the Rescue Diver course, you’ll embark on a whole new level of scuba training.
The course is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to become a diver who’s prepared to deal with diver stress management, out of air emergencies, unconscious and panicked diver rescues, as well as how to use specialized first aid equipment.
You’ll learn and practice a variety of rescue techniques including dealing with a panicked diver, surf rescues and procedures for coming to the aid of unconscious divers on the surface and at depth. The skills give you the ability to keep a cool head when the adrenaline spikes in the heat of the moment and you’ll learn how to keep a small problem from becoming big trouble.
Scuba enjoys an excellent safety record in part because of the knowledge and skills taught in the Rescue Diver course. When you complete the course you’ll have the confidence that comes from knowing you can handle these situations. Rescue Diver is challenging and many divers say it’s among their most rewarding experiences. Knowledge, Skills, Equipment and Experience are the four pillars of being a comfortable and confident diver. As a Rescue Diver you’ll build on all four.
- Advanced Open Water Certification with NAUI, SDI, PADI, YMCA, LA County, SSI or PADI
- Physically fit and mentally ready
Wednesday Night at Eco Dive Center in Culver City (7:00 pm to 10:30 pm)
- Basic First Aid (1 hr)
- AED practice (30 min)
- O2 First Aid practice (30 min)
- Equipment considerations (30 min)
- Quiz night
Thursday Night at Eco Dive Center - (7:00pm to 10:30 pm)
- Homework review (1 hr)
- Final exam night (1hr)
- Administrative (1 hr)
Saturday 7:00am-12:00pm at Redondo Beach (South Bay) then 1pm to 6pm Pool
- Surf Rescues
- Tired and Panicked Diver at the Surface Skills
- Scenario #1 (response from shore/skin diver rescue)
- Homework review and quizzes * 11:00 to 12:00pm /Lunch
- 12:00 to 3:00pm / Pool /Rescue Exercises
Sunday on a dive boat TBD
- Surfacing Unconscious Diver with equipment removal
- In Water Rescue Breathing and exits with victim.
- Scenario #2 (Unconscious diver at surface) * Scenario #3 (Missing diver)
- Advanced first aid and AED use.
- CPR pocket mask
- First Aid Kit
- CPR Tuition (offered night before rescue)
- Rescue Diver manual
- All lessons. beach rescues, boat rescues & pool practice all with our fun team.
- Use of backboard, oxygen kits, AED, advanced first aid kits
- Lifetime "Rescue Diver Certification" card.
- All rental gear (free course if your buy gear)
- FREE Island Boat Ticket
- FREE Lifetime "Semi-Annual Rescue TuneUp Course". (worth $99)
Tuition: $549.00 Now $399
How do you start? Call 888-728-2252 or