Having scuba tanks on your back isn’t a requirement for exploring the underwater world. Many scuba divers have discovered the joy of mounting cylinders on their sides. Sidemount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you don’t have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back – just enter the water, clip them on and go.
PADI’s Sidemount Diver specialty is the perfect course for any diver wishing to use this increasingly popular equipment configuration. It teaches divers how to safely utilize side-mounted primary cylinders as an alternative to the traditional back-mounted method.
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration, during one confined water and three open water scuba dives you’ll learn how to:
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned
- Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving
- Equipment considerations
- Attaching cylinders
- Deployment of surface marker buoy / lift bag
- Different water entries
- Certification Levels - Required: PADI Advaced Open Water or equavalent
- Specialty Levels (Recommended): Nitrox Diver, Drysuit Diver, Deep Diver
- Experience: 40 logged dives minimum
Regular Price: $1200.00
Sale Price: $875.00 (Group Format Pricing, 4 Students max)
- PADI Sidemount / Tec Sidemount Manual
- PADI Certification Card
- TWO ISLAND BOAT TICKETS
- Two Weekend Format
- Top-rated dive boats with hot showers, good meals, jacuzzi's and friendly crew.
- Breakfast AND Lunches on island dive trips (Sundays).
- For Questions or more information about Technical Diving, Sidemount etc. please contact Dylan@ecodivecenter.com